A bind address is the IP address a service will listen on. It can be an IP assigned to one of your interfaces, meaning that the service will only be reachable thru that address (and interface ?), or the special value 0.0.0.0, meaning that any address will do.
Each mldonkey service has its own bind address:
- client_bind_addr = \"0.0.0.0\" (p2p traffic)
- chat_bind_addr = \"0.0.0.0\" (mlchat service)
- telnet_bind_addr = \"0.0.0.0\" (telnet interface)
- gui_bind_addr = \"0.0.0.0\" (GUI interface)
- http_bind_addr = \"0.0.0.0\" (web interface)
The core needs to be restarted so those settings take effect.
See also allowed_ips