If you are upgrading your mldonkey from an older version, you may want to do a Clean install.
Therefor you should do the following:
- Install mldonkey in a new directory.
- Move the temp, incoming and shared directories from your old installation to your new directory.
- Copy friends.ini, files.ini and shared_files_new.ini from your old directory to the new directory. This is to insure that the temp directory is recognized properly and the data for your fully downloaded files is correct.
- Start mlnet, this will also create the remaining ini files with proper defaults.
- Stop mlnet again.
- Check the following settings against your old configuration in donkey.ini.
This is especially important if you are behind a firewall router, see also: What firewall ports to open
- shared_directories double check sharing strategy when you do this
- Copy client_md4 and client_private_key to keep your credits.
- You should copy the old_files section from you old donkey.ini to the new donkey.ini file. This will insure mlnet knows what files you already downloded.
- Check the following settings against your old configuration in downloads.ini
When you now start mlnet everything should be fine. You can fine tune the other options at your leasure.