the original - server-client based Peer2Peer application.
homepage: http://www.edonkey2000.com/ (Note: the link has been hijacked by p2p opponents)
- identifies files with ed2k-hash.
- uses a large number of designated, independently run servers for searching
- ClosedSource application as well as protocol (although by now well known)
- most popular Windows client is eMule (OpenSource].
Shares a DownloadMesh with Overnet.
- Valid non-local IPs which end with zero are considered LowID
every IP that end with a 0 is considered as a low ID.