- Better something than nothing. Feel free to contribute, even if you think that information you add is not very important, or should be widely known already. Maybe you're wrong.
- Better nothing than errors. Please check or double check your informations. If you're not sure of something, think about adding a comment that says so.
- Try to stay \"on topic\". Think about links to the WikiPedia for things that aren't specific to MLdonkey.
- please, if you remember seeing any forum topic(s) of relevance to the page you're visiting, don't hesitate to add links to them. this will help not so recent discussions from being forgotten and discontinued. (people shouldn't be afraid of posting replies to \"dead\" discussions, i think). if you're creating or maintaining a page, you should search the forum for any related topics.
- Think carefully before naming a page. Better a long name that distinctly describes it's content than a short one that exhausts name space. For instance, the KeyboardShortcuts page is apparently about MLdonkeyGtkUi's shortcuts, but what if MLdonkeyWatch will have shortcuts in the future? _~changed to GtkUiKeyboardShortcuts /sarefo_
- Not all things needs their own separate pages. Please think before creating a new page, maybe the what you wan't to say could go into a subsection of another page. An excess of small pages will eventually exhaust the database, as well as the name space.
- Please use more WikiWords instead of complete sentences for naming Pages, thank you! /Vnc_
- Beware of spelling! Should we write OverNet or Overnet? - Overnet because even though capital letter replaces space between words, Overnet is just one word.
- There's huge need of standardization. Maybe we should create templates for the different sections (OptionsPageTemplate, CommandsPageTemplate,...) then reformat existing pages according to templates. (I don't know if a real templating mecanism exists for phpwiki, but "empty" pages should be enough)
Tips & tools
- links with no page
- pages with no links
- All pages
- ChangeLog - source of invaluable information. Hopefully someday changes will be directly documented in the Wiki... ;)
- OfficialFaq imported, ready for additions and comments
_Should it be splitted in sections ? Should the new FAQs get incorporated ? How to track changes to update the official FAQ ? /Pango_
- import Pango tips (at least the still relevant ones ;) ) for additions and comments
- document servers handling (servers walking, etc.) It's not yet documented because they're many obscure settings involved.
- document the eDonkey server feature, if it's still usable.
- document alternate p2p network supports (LimeWire, DirectConnect, SoulSeek, does the OpenNapster support work too ?)
Nothing else yet. Enjoy the WIki ;)