MLDonkey Forum Index
Homepage •  Bugs •  Tasks •  Patches •  SF.net Project Page •  ChangeLog •  German forum •  Links •  Wiki •  Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to update MLDonkey on NAS device: FANTEC DB-C35 Giga LAN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Alternative platforms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wlcina
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, the link for mldonkey 3.0 for my machine is not working, could you please paste me new link ? (sorry, I deleted that file from my local machine)

I will try to update my machine via the libra file (will replace the original file with newest and try to update machine)
PaulCollins
neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wlcina wrote:
Hello, the link for mldonkey 3.0 for my machine is not working, could you please paste me new link ? (sorry, I deleted that file from my local machine)

I will try to update my machine via the libra file (will replace the original file with newest and try to update machine)

I'm in the same boat. I have a similar device to yours and still running 2.8.2 and no clear method to upgrade other than trying a libra rename, but hoping to find the 3.0 compile.
fabtar
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added in my archives the debian's library.
Perhaps you have to manage install my libraries in a subdirectory and use a script in order to execute my cores (which adds the new libraries into the search path)
wlcina
neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am getting tired of that damn device Sad, it seems to have no way to update it Sad
asgard
neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wlcina wrote:
I am getting tired of that damn device Sad, it seems to have no way to update it Sad

Well, you can always give it to someone (me, for example) Wink

Ok, my last offer to help you out. If you're able to configure your NAS for remote access (ie. do the necessary port-forwarding on router), I can remote in and do the setup for you. PM me with the info.
wlcina
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I just have access to web interface, this device seems to have no any telnet Sad
asgard
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wlcina wrote:
Hello, I just have access to web interface, this device seems to have no any telnet Sad

I knew that, web access is all I need, use port 8080 if your ISP block port 80. Anyway, it's up to you.
asgard
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@wlcina, now I understand your frustration, the NAS firmware is buggy and seem to prefer certain web browser (IE) when dealing with FWE updating.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
wlcina
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TY SO MUCH !!! YOU DID IT! Very Happy I DONT KNOW HOW, BUT YOU DID! Very Happy

btway, I have one more question/ proposal, is possible to install telnet (dropbear) or something which allows me to telnet to device ?
or is it risky?

You did something I thought it is not possible Smile Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation TY
asgard
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are most welcome, grad to be of help.

Installing telnetd (or dropbear) shouldn't be too difficult but first I need to figure out what boot-up script is used. Also you need to port-forward the default port (23 for telnet and 22 for SSH) so that I can do verify it's working from remote. PM me when you're ready.
titanxl
neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you been able to successfully install telnet or ssh on this? I have a similar device and I'd like to be able to modify some of the configurations for ushare, but have no way to access the config files. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
asgard
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanxl wrote:
Have you been able to successfully install telnet or ssh on this? I have a similar device and I'd like to be able to modify some of the configurations for ushare, but have no way to access the config files. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Yes, have setup telnet for user wlcina.

You did not state what type of NAS you have so I can't say if I'm able to the same. FYI, I'm and a friend are in the process of setting up a forum site to share info on related NAS. Meanwhile you can visit the older site for reference - nas01g.phpbbserver.com
titanxl
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. The NAS I have is simply called the Gigabit NAS Landisk. I honestly don't even remember where I bought it, but I believe I have tracked down the manufacturer of it. It's the GS-349S.

http://www.a-tecsubsystem.com/websys/atec/web/products.jsp?prodId=1203386241187

It uses the same embedded linux os that wlcina described with the same "firmware extensions" etc. The only thing that may be different is the logo on the web interface. All the same functionality exitis.
asgard
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@titanxi, your is the same as wlcina.

If you're able to configure your NAS for remote access (ie. do the necessary port-forwarding on router), I can remote in and do the setup for you.

PM me with the info.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Alternative platforms All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: