MLDonkey Forum Index
Homepage •  Bugs •  Tasks •  Patches •  SF.net Project Page •  ChangeLog •  German forum •  Links •  Wiki •  Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can I make more then one shered folder?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrAccident
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Can I make more then one shered folder? Reply with quote

I use Sancho.
Now, prior to MLDonkey, I use two folders, on two hard-drives.
spiralvoice
Sage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes: http://mldonkey.sourceforge.net/Share
MrAccident
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: This program really isn't targeted to the common user ha? Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't really understand most of it; and I can do something wrong.
Let's say that the paths for those two folders are:
D:\Program Files D\Utorrent
E:\Utorrent - Downloads (E)
I want to share all the files in the folders and sub-folders.
Where do I write these paths, and what else?
Thanks for answering.
MrAccident
neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you reply to me for so long?

I am busting my head now for a few hours, to try to figure this thing out; without success. So it's not because I'm lazy or something.

If you don't want to help me - at least have the courtesy to tell me; so I won't expect the answer that will never come.
Empatojayos
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I do not use Sancho (...and speak Spanish). Instead, I use the web interface, I want describe the steps precisely.

1) Open http://127.0.0.1:4080/ in you preferred internet browser.
2) Click in the button [Options]
3) Click in the button [Shares]
4) Click in the button [Add Share]
5) Input: '0 "D:\Program Files D\Utorrent" all_files'
6) Click in the button [Add Share] again
7) Input: '0 "E:\Utorrent - Downloads (E)" all_files'
That's all, folks! Laughing

PS: Ignore the single quotes at writing (don't ignore the double quotes, else case: spaces are delimiters in mldonkey).
MrAccident
neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot.
But still nothing works.
I don't see any download or upload files.
I added Emule's folders with all the files that I already was downloading and uploading with Emule; The "temp" folder, with the strategy "incoming_files"; and the "incoming" folder, with the strategy "incoming_directories".

Also MLDonkey takes a lot of CPU and memory. You know how to reduce it?

I don't understand why they wrote the tutorials like that - in codes that a regular user cannot understand. Was that intentional? They don't want regular users, or are they incapable of seeing things from the "regular" user's point of view?
I mean, it's not quantum theory; it's just a program; and a kind that I use for many years.
I consider my general computer\program knowledge to be pretty deep; yet their explanations are like Egyptian hieroglyphs to me.
testerprivate
neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrAccident wrote:

Also MLDonkey takes a lot of CPU and memory. You know how to reduce it?

Mldonkey hashes the file share drives in new directories. Let him finish
MrAccident
neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that also mean that it eventually will show both downloading and finished files?
Empatojayos
neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

MrAccident wrote:

Thanks a lot.
But still nothing works.
I don't see any download or upload files.
I added Emule's folders with all the files that I already was downloading and uploading with Emule; The "temp" folder, with the strategy "incoming_files"; and the "incoming" folder, with the strategy "incoming_directories"

Exclamation I hope that you answer something to me... What do you try?
a) Migrates your emule works into mldonkey. Once completed, you will erase emule.
b) Use both p2p-clients for download files while expect to be able to offer (upload) all your complete files.
c) Operate simultaneously both programs, even downloading the same files.

In advance:
a) The first option needs hard-work of your part, particularly if you have many files in process of download (incomplete).
b) The second option is feasible only if you allow that both programs download separately. (Anyway, I don't see any benefit of having two programs downloading of the same network, except, to quarrel which seems better, then to erase other one)
c) The third option isn't feasible, due to the fact that both programs store his temporary (incomplete) files in a different way.

Um...
Quote:

MrAccident wrote:

I added Emule's folders with all the files that I already was downloading and uploading with Emule; The "temp" folder, with the strategy "incoming_files"; and the "incoming" folder, with the strategy "incoming_directories"

For previously explained:
1) mldonkey need only one folder with incoming_files strategy, this one will be used to save the individual files as soon as they are completed. (all files of edonkey p2p fall in this category)
2) mldonkey need only one folder with incoming_directories strategy, this one will used to save the collective files stored as an folder offer to download (many downloads of bittorrent fall in this category).
3) Your extras folder with files for share can use the remain strategies (all_files is the simplest option to take).

PS: If you are a user of Windows, I can help with you transfers (I migrate from emule to mldonkey a pair of years ago).
PS2: If my points 1 and 2 are not correct, please some one correct me.
MrAccident
neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't understand well, many things you wrote, due to the English construction; so I'll explain what I want to do.
I would like to use MLDonkey eventually, instead of Emule and Utorrent.
In both programs, I have files that are downloading and uploading; only important to keep uploading.
So I would like to continue with these files.
I would also like to use the same folders, which are:
1) (Emule) - "Incoming".
2) (Emule) - "Temp".
3) (Utorrent) - "Incoming"; in disk D.
4) (Utorrent) - "Incoming"; in disk E.
Is it possible.

If it will work - I'll stop using Emule and Utorrent.

I use Windows-XP. I also plan to switch to Haiku; that's also why it's important for me to learn this thing; I don't think they have Emule there.
It's also good to have a single upload speed for Edonkey and Bittorent; mine is not that hi. And of-course a single program for the CPU\memory etc.
Empatojayos
neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
...I didn't understand well, many things you wrote, due to the English construction

Eh... my language mother is Spanish, sorry by my bad english.

Quote:
I would also like to use the same folders, which are:
1) (Emule) - "Incoming".
2) (Emule) - "Temp".
3) (Utorrent) - "Incoming"; in disk D.
4) (Utorrent) - "Incoming"; in disk E.
Is it possible.

partially possible...
mldonkey is a one program with capacity for download of multiple networks, isn't possible compare with two different programs. In other words, the downloaded files will fall in the same folder (Incoming). Isn`t possible separate by source network.
- all the files downloaded from edonkey p2p (the network behind emule) are saved in incoming_files (all are single files).
- the torrent downloads that consist of only one file, also are saved in incoming_files.
- the torrent downloads that consist of two or more files, are saved in incoming_directory.

To have a second (or third) folder incoming_* only would be used by mldonkey if the previous ones have remained without available space.

Please, leave the temp folders (both emule & mldonkey) in peace. They are not working in the same way, and they should not be mixed.

Note: The actual files in the Incoming folders of uTorrent only are share (offer upload) in edonkey p2p network. (The process for seed in bittorrent network is more complicated, and, in simple terms, it will be reserved for own mldonkey bt-downloads.)

Note2: It is not known for me how the other networks work in mldonkey, because I do not use them (Direct_Connect for example).

A question:
Have you high-id?
I say it because the process for obtain high-id in mldonkey differs of emule. (Since mldonkey build for windows lacks for a UPnP-Negotiator.)
MrAccident
neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a-lot for your help.
It says "HI" ID in all the servers.
I think I'll manage to switch, when the time comes. I guess it's possible to change to one folder; and then just move the finished files. I'll wait for Haiku to be ready for use.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Windows All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: