MLDonkey Forum Index
Homepage •  Bugs •  Tasks •  Patches •  SF.net Project Page •  ChangeLog •  German forum •  Links •  Wiki •  Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

demaded due to files never donwloaded

View previous topic :: View next topic  
syspect
neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: demaded due to files never donwloaded Reply with quote

Hi all!
I've just received some emails like the one I'm pasting below. It is basically some kind of warning saying more or less that "this computer is distributing copyrighted material and this is a felony and bla bla bla".

What I found very curious is that I have never downloaded or share any of the files they detail in their mails. Their data about my client is correct (client_md4, used ports, etc) but not the files. Those files are not in my computer and have never been there.

So this is my question: Is it possible that they access to my mldonkey and obtain information, not about the files I'm sharing, but about all the files I can reach through my peers or my connected servers?

If it is not possible, Do you know from where those files could be coming? and why they are detecting them as I was sharing them when I'm not?

what I mean is that if I'm going to be busted, at least I hope to be busted for something I did.

searching google I have found this forum where a user coments the same problem:
http://forum.emule-project.net/index.php?showtopic=153929

Below I'm pasting some fragments of the email I have received (I have changed Identificators for XXXXX due to privacy issues).

thank you very much

###################################################################
Subject:
[XXXXXXXX]{CSIRT - CI} NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT - Notice ID:XXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXXXXXXX
agent@viacom.copyright-notice.com
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2013 XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
To:
abuse@XXXXXXXXXXX
CC:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Notice ID: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Notice Date: 02/12/2013

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Dear Sir or Madam:

We are contacting you on behalf of Viacom International Inc. (Viacom). Under penalty of perjury, I assert that Vobile Inc., (Vobile) is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive copyrights that are alleged to be infringed herein.
[...]
(bla bla bla)

Evidentiary Information:
Protocol: eDonkey
Infringed Work: South Park_S12_E1203_Major Boobage
Infringing FileName: South.Park.12x03.Katzenstimmung.GER.LD.DVDRip.XviD-B4PRE.[tvu.org.ru].avi
Infringing FileSize: 186808320
Infringer's IP Address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Infringer's Port: 55031
Infringer\u2019s User Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
URL: ed2k://|file|South%2EPark%2E12x03%2EKatzenstimmung%2EGER%2ELD%2EDVDRip%2EXviD%2DB4PRE%2E%5Btvu%2Eorg%2Eru%5D%2Eavi|186808320|2AE299F9A13F654F37E18337DDD4C591|/
Initial Infringement Timestamp: 2013-02-12T04:16:41Z
Recent Infringement Timestamp: 2013-02-12T04:16:41Z

- - ---Start ACNS XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Infringement xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://mpto.unistudios.com/xml/Infringement_schema.xsd">
<Case>
<ID></ID>
<Ref_URL></Ref_URL>
<Status></Status>
<Severity></Severity>
</Case>
<Complainant>
<Entity>Viacom</Entity>
<Contact>Copyright Agent</Contact>
<Address>1515 Broadway, New York, NY 10036</Address>
<Phone>(408) 217-5000</Phone>
<Email>agent@viacom.copyright-notice.com</Email>
</Complainant>
[...]
more fields in xml
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: