MLDonkey Forum Index
Homepage •  Bugs •  Tasks •  Patches •  SF.net Project Page •  ChangeLog •  German forum •  Links •  Wiki •  Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Priority for shares

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Problems with MLDonkey Client (in general, and ed2k, kad, overnet)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Priority for shares Reply with quote

Hi! As far as I can understand from the documentation, priority slots given to shares are not included into max_upload_slots. Is this correct?

This means that if max_upload_slots is 3 (minimum) and I gave priority 5 to another directory, I'll get (5 + 3) available slots. Is this correct? Would it be possible to somehow "remove" those 3 slots? I would like to upload my files in the priority share as fast as possible, but it seems I can't remove those 3 slots from the incoming directory.

Any way to do this and only allocate slots for files in my priority directory?
Thanks!
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not very confident in the code dealing with shares and prioriy, so can you please describe the test procedure to observe your problem? Do you say that after creating new share with prioiry 5 you can reach 8 open slots, but would like to have only 5?
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I think you got the point.

This is not difficult to reproduce, and seems to be perfectly correct according to the documentation. There is nothing unexpected. Just wanted to know if there is a possible configuration to do something like this.
I frequently want to publish my own files, for others to download. Unfortunately, I get complains about the bandwidth, so I would like to be able to give all the bw available to mldonkey to those files. Instead, it seems it is impossible to avoid allocating at least 3 slots for other files in the incoming directory.

Any way to ask mldonkey to not allocate slots for files in the incoming directory or currently being downloaded? That way I could provide more bw for the remaining slots in the priority directory.
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I have no idea.. Maybe we can simply allow max_upload_slots to be zero?
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if that limit was placed to avoid clients not uploading but it might be a solution i think.
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the patch for the brave :

Code:

diff --git a/src/daemon/common/commonComplexOptions.ml b/src/daemon/common/commonComplexOptions.ml
index 953ff34..26892a4 100644
--- a/src/daemon/common/commonComplexOptions.ml
+++ b/src/daemon/common/commonComplexOptions.ml
@@ -1240,8 +1240,10 @@ let _ =
   );

option_hook max_upload_slots (fun _ ->
+(*
       if !!max_upload_slots < 3 then
         max_upload_slots =:= 3;
+*)
       networks_iter (fun n -> network_check_upload_slots n)
     );

Cf. not uploading, this check could take into account priorities for shares too..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Problems with MLDonkey Client (in general, and ed2k, kad, overnet) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: