MLDonkey Forum Index
Homepage •  Bugs •  Tasks •  Patches •  SF.net Project Page •  ChangeLog •  German forum •  Links •  Wiki •  Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mldonkey and zram issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Problems with MLDonkey Client (in general, and ed2k, kad, overnet)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zell86
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Mldonkey and zram issues Reply with quote

Hi, I'm using mldonkey 3.1.2 on debian wheezy.
The hardware is a linkstation NAS with 64 MB of ram memory and a arm kirkwood 600mhz cpu.

I've used mldonkey with no problem for long time and I've decided to try to activate zram module, but mldonkey crash when are more downloads at the same time.

Is a problem of limited hardware resources or of an incompatibility between mldonkey and zram?
Zell86
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've upgraded the kernel of debian wheezy from 3.13 to 3.14 seems that mldonkey with zram activated no longer crash. I'll do more test in next days.
Zell86
neophyte

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did more test, but MLDonkey crash with zram module active. I suppose the problem is the limited hardware resource of the nas that cannot handle a real-time compression and decompression data in zram from MLDonkey.
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have something else running on the NAS? 64MB should be enough by itself I suppose..
Zell86
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the memory is enough. I only wanted to test zram but is still unstable for what I saw.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Problems with MLDonkey Client (in general, and ed2k, kad, overnet) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: