MLDonkey Forum Index
Homepage •  Bugs •  Tasks •  Patches •  SF.net Project Page •  ChangeLog •  German forum •  Links •  Wiki •  Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Publishing new torrent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Problems with MLDonkey Client (Bittorrent, DirectConnect, Gnutella,...)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Publishing new torrent Reply with quote

Hello,
I've been trying multiple times to create new torrents but I'm totally unable to do it.
What I do is set client_ip to my public IP and set force_client_ip to true. Then I generate the torrent using compute_torrent and I can download the torrent file. Ports 6881, 6882 and 11293 (BT-dht_port) are open and forwarded. The .torrent file is generated and is in the seeded directory.

If I try to download the torrent from another client, like from utorrent, I get no available seed. In the trackers I see DHT and the internal tracker (http://<my_current_ip>:6881/annouce. It seems to be working.

Any idea why my mldonkey client is not seeding?
Thanks.
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more info: I'm trying to download with utorrent from a torrent that mldonkey created and should be seeding. What I see is that utorrent shows 0 (1) seeds. Which I suppose means my mldonkey client is recognized as seed but never uploads content. Any idea why?
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could make a traffic dump on the mldonkey host after launching utorrent to see what happens? Also enable maximum mldonkey logs. That could shed some light on this issue.
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I enabled logging for "all". There is a huge amount of data being written, but I see something that may be interesting by simply grepping for the file name: http://paste.debian.net/138363/. Any idea?

At the beginning of the log you see where I created the torrent (I used a sample file big_buck_bunny). I created more than once to add trackers to it. I'm trying to download using a utorrent on Mac OS. I see many:

Peer 206.125.82.175:1025 "uTorrent for Mac" didn't reply to DHT ping on port 29022

What does that mean? My IP is not that however, it is currently (since some days) 79.11.174.99.
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need also to enable verbosity level "ms", that will show all tracker interactions, and "mc" for all peer to peer messages. My hypothesis would be that when mldonkey client connects to mldonkey tracker (itself) it uses not public ip and it is not useable later when utorrent asks for peers from tracker, hopefully with more logs we will see whether it is the case.
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't 'set verbosity "all"' enable logs even for ms and mc. What exact modules do you want me to log? Cause logging all produces MBs of messages in few minutes. Do you need only the logs from those two modules? Do you want me to grep for the file name or not? If you can provide this information I can probably create a useful log for you, starting again from the creation of the torrent.

As for the IP address of the tracker: I'm pretty ignorant in this field, but when I check the trackers for the file in utorrent I see in fact that http://<my_ip>:6881/announce is listed. The IP <my_ip> is still correct at the moment, and it is my public IP address. Is this what you're talking about? Or something else?
Also, does that URL make any sense when IP is dynamic? Can I replace it with my domain name?

Thanks for your help!
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, "all" enables everything. Maybe you could try it after stopping all existing downloads so that there is no extra output and do not grep anything?
Having a dynamic IP in tracker field is useless once it is switched, better always put host name.
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I guess I have too many shares and too many users on this installation. Even pausing all the downloads I still have an enormous amount of logs. I'll have to change my router configuration, create a clean installation of mldonkey somewhere else etc...

Or maybe you can also try on the "other side" and see if something comes up? This is the torrent: http://pastebin.com/rPrH8cfT.
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I setup another mldonkey installation and everything worked. Don't know what is wrong with the other one... utorrent finds a seed, but it never starts. And I don't see my utorrent client within the uploader list. Should it be in there?

Other question: I see that when the torrent file is ready, the URL provided is something like http://<my_public_ip>..., can I change both the tracker URL and this URL with my domain name instead of a dynamic IP address? Should I change client_ip?

Thanks!
Luc4
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still getting this error. Anyone else experiencing the same?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Problems with MLDonkey Client (Bittorrent, DirectConnect, Gnutella,...) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: