MLDonkey Forum Index
Homepage •  Bugs •  Tasks •  Patches •  SF.net Project Page •  ChangeLog •  German forum •  Links •  Wiki •  Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NAS & lowid problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Alternative platforms
View previous topic :: View next topic  
britesc
neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:48 pm    Post subject: NAS & lowid problem Reply with quote

I have just got a gigabit-nas running mldonkey 2..9.5, but all I get is lowid's. It has to pass through a DLINK DI-804HV.
I am sure the problem is due to the router firewall but do not know how to overcome it.

Current mldonkey sysinfo is
Quote:

System info: Linux GIGABIT-NAS.METALS 2.6.15 #162 Mon Jun 15 14:13:34 CST 2009 armv4l
language: EN - locale: UTF-8 - UTC offset: +0000
max_string_length: 16777211 - word_size: 32 - max_array_length: 4194303 - max_int: 1073741823
max file descriptors: 1024 - max useable file size: 2^63-1 bits (do the maths ;-p)

--Portinfo--
Network| Port|Type
-------+------+-------------------
Core | 4080|http_port
Core | 4000|telnet_port
Core | 4001|gui_port
Donkey | 19790|client_port TCP
Donkey | 19794|client_port UDP
Donkey | 21745|overnet_port TCP+UDP

Can anyone suggest what I should do. The NAS has a static DHCP IP of 192.168.0.10 setup via the router and nas config panel.

Is there aso a later client that I could use I tied a couple of 3.0.1 versions but my nas croaks at them?

BitTorrent Client "Transmission" runs pefectly
Thanks appreciate any help
Kind regards and happy festive season.
jB Cool
spiralvoice
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The magic word is "port forwarding".
britesc
neophyte

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:21 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.

I thpught I had tried that earlier so was getting frustrated, but after a re-install of MLDonkey the ports moved from 4 digit to 5 digit as above so I used those whilst waiting for a reply and voila almost as soon as I created the PF's the ID went high.

So thanks anyway for the advice, I wish you a Happy New Year.
Kind regards,
jB
spiralvoice
Sage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you Reply with quote

britesc wrote:
after a re-install of MLDonkey the ports moved from 4 digit to 5 digit

When MLdonkey is started without old ini files it chooses random ports.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Alternative platforms All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: