MLDonkey Forum Index
Homepage •  Bugs •  Tasks •  Patches •  SF.net Project Page •  ChangeLog •  German forum •  Links •  Wiki •  Downloads

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New release: MLDonkey 3.0.7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
spiralvoice
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: New release: MLDonkey 3.0.7 Reply with quote

Code:
2011/01/22: version 3.0.7 = tag release-3-0-7

2011/01/06
6012: Fix bug in Http_client.wget_string (ygrek)

2010/12/22
7418: Ignore setsockopt_float exception while sending mail

2010/12/19
7303: UPNP: added BT_tracker-port
7418: SMTP auth implementation (ygrek)
- new options smtp_login and smtp_password
- added socket timeout for mail server communication, fix bug #22713
7412: tar.gzip: fix harmless error message (ygrek)
7388: DC: fix sharing on Windows (ygrek)

Last edited by spiralvoice on Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SanJose
neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I have a problem with windows version (2008 et Seven):

perhaps, this is not a 7zip archive the problem ?
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears it is not a self-extracting archive anymore.
Rename .exe to .7z and unpack with 7-zip.
spiralvoice
Sage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ygrek wrote:
It appears it is not a self-extracting archive anymore.
Rename .exe to .7z and unpack with 7-zip.

fixed
SanJose
neophyte

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx, but now Microsoft Security Essentials says "TrojanSpy:Win32/Malintent " into mldonkey-3.0.7.static.i386.Windows.exe (2.4 MB)

I don't think is it true but I want to warn you
spiralvoice
Sage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem here with current Avast

FF44
neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,
Since 3.0.2 I cannot finalize mlnet compilation with OS X Snow Leopard.
It comes as follow:
Code:
Compilers:
-e  - Ocaml version     3.12.0
-e  - gcc version       4.2.1
-e  - g++ version       4.2.1

while make:

ld: warning: in /var/folders/8P/8PZ6c5ZzFAu9tPyYKcQE-U+++TI/-Tmp-/camlstartup77496d.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/ocaml/std_exit.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/daemon/common/commonMain.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in build/driver.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in build/core.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in build/client.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in build/common.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in build/magic.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in build/bitstring.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in build/cdk.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in build/extlib.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/ocaml/str.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/ocaml/unix.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/ocaml/bigarray.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/ocaml/stdlib.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/networks/direct_connect/che3_c.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/networks/fasttrack/enc_type_1.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/networks/fasttrack/enc_type_2.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/networks/fasttrack/enc_type_20.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/networks/fasttrack/enc_type_80.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/networks/fasttrack/fst_crypt.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/networks/fasttrack/fst_crypt_ml.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/lib/CryptoPP_stubs.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/net/upnp_stubs.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/daemon/common/commonHasher_c.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/bitstring/bitstring_c.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/cdk/zlibstubs.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/cdk/heap_c.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/config/unix/os_stubs_c.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/lib/fst_hash.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/lib/md4_comp.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/lib/md4_c.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/lib/charsetstubs.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/lib/md5_c.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/lib/sha1_c.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/lib/tiger.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in src/utils/lib/stubs_c.o, file was built for i386 which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/ocaml/libcamlstr.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/ocaml/libunix.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/ocaml/libbigarray.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
ld: warning: in /usr/local/lib/ocaml/libasmrun.a, file was built for unsupported file format which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64)
Undefined symbols:
  "_cc_lprintf_nl", referenced from:
      _createSignature in CryptoPP.o
      _createSignature in CryptoPP.o
      _verifySignature in CryptoPP.o
      _loadKey in CryptoPP.o
      _createKey in CryptoPP.o
  "_main", referenced from:
      start in crt1.10.6.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
File "caml_startup", line 1, characters 0-1:
Error: Error during linking
make: *** [mlnet] Error 2

Any idea about the architecture issue ?
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any idea about the architecture issue ?

Looks like ocaml installation is broken. Did you compile ocaml from sources?
Show the full output of configure for mldonkey and for ocaml. Probably arch detection is wrong somewhere (unnecessary -m32/-m64?). Try configuring mldonkey with --enable-batch
FF44
neophyte

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.
First I used the ocaml package bundle (I assume it is precompiled for 10.5, so I am with 10.6).
So I have re-compiled from sources last ocaml version (all install process succeed) and mlnet 3.0.7 was soon build.

Smile
diamondsw
neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing similar issues compiling on Mac OS X. I'm trying to create a fat binary for 32-bit/64-bit, building on a 64-bit host. Unfortunately, I can't get it to compile 32-bit - the GCC options don't appear to be passed on to Objective Caml, which then builds 64-bit libs which won't link.

Here's the build script I'm using:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

VERS="3.0.7";
OPTIONS="--disable-multinet --disable-gui --disable-gd --disable-magic --enable-batch";
if [ ! -f mldonkey-$VERS.tar.bz2 ]
then
   curl -LO "http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mldonkey/mldonkey/$VERS/mldonkey-$VERS.tar.bz2";
fi
rm -rf mldonkey-$VERS;
tar -xjvf mldonkey-$VERS.tar.bz2;
cd mldonkey-$VERS/;

#make maintainerclean;
#./configure $OPTIONS;
#make;
#exit;

make maintainerclean;
env CFLAGS="-m32 -O -g -arch i386" LDFLAGS="-m32 -arch i386" ./configure $OPTIONS;
make;
mv mlnet.byte mlnet.i386;

make maintainerclean;
env CFLAGS="-m64 -O -g -arch x86_64" LDFLAGS="-m64 -arch x86_64" ./configure $OPTIONS;
make;
mv mlnet.byte mlnet.x86_64;

lipo -create mlnet.i386 mlnet.x86_64 -output mlnet;
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In order to compile both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries you need two instances of ocaml - both 32-bit and 64-bit - installed (in separate dirs), Refer to INSTALL in ocaml sources on how to build 32-bit ocaml on 64-bit OS. After that there is probably no need to setup CFLAGS and LDFLAGS explicitely, ocaml will call gcc with needed flags automatically (but this may be not the case with mldonkey's Makefile where gcc is called directly) - just setup PATH to contain needed ocaml's version and make. Also you probably want to use native builds, not bytecode (i.e. mlnet.static instead of mlnet.byte).
diamondsw
neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ygrek wrote:
In order to compile both 32-bit and 64-bit binaries you need two instances of ocaml - both 32-bit and 64-bit - installed (in separate dirs), Refer to INSTALL in ocaml sources on how to build 32-bit ocaml on 64-bit OS. After that there is probably no need to setup CFLAGS and LDFLAGS explicitely, ocaml will call gcc with needed flags automatically (but this may be not the case with mldonkey's Makefile where gcc is called directly) - just setup PATH to contain needed ocaml's version and make. Also you probably want to use native builds, not bytecode (i.e. mlnet.static instead of mlnet.byte).

Thanks - I'll look into that. However, is there any way to script this? As you can see, I'm trying to do this via --enable-batch and using the ocaml that gets downloaded during configure. Shouldn't it be building the proper version based on the compiler flags I sent in?

As best I can tell, ocaml does not support CFLAGS at all - which seems kind of braindead in 2011. Trying to specify this via the $CC variable also fails. There was a patch proposed by RedHat to fix CFLAG support, but apparently it hasn't been done.
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Shouldn't it be building the proper version based on the compiler flags I sent in?

ocaml's configure doesn't use CFLAGS so the answer is no.
Quote:
However, is there any way to script this?

Why not? But you will have to download/unpack ocaml in your script, then configure it with prefix /opt/ocaml-3.x.x-arch and 'make world.opt install'. Then set PATH=/opt/ocaml-3.x.x-arch/bin:$PATH before building mldonkey for each arch.
diamondsw
neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ygrek wrote:
Quote:
Shouldn't it be building the proper version based on the compiler flags I sent in?

ocaml's configure doesn't use CFLAGS so the answer is no.
Quote:
However, is there any way to script this?

Why not? But you will have to download/unpack ocaml in your script, then configure it with prefix /opt/ocaml-3.x.x-arch and 'make world.opt install'. Then set PATH=/opt/ocaml-3.x.x-arch/bin:$PATH before building mldonkey for each arch.

I'll probably just duplicate a lot of the configure.in code from mldonkey as I'd like to keep it local if possible. Once mlnet is built, I have no need of it.

It'd be much nicer to get pre-compiled binaries, but I understand if the devs don't have extra hardware lying around to create Mac builds on. Smile

EDIT: Damn, even that may not work, since if I'm reading the configure script correctly, ocaml is "smart" and detects the architecture it's building on, and to heck with you if you want to build it differently.

I hate "smart" programs.
ygrek
professional

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It'd be much nicer to get pre-compiled binaries, but I understand if the devs don't have extra hardware lying around to create Mac builds on.

There is mac binary afaics - mldonkey-3.0.7.shared.power-Darwin.tar.bz2 Or it doesn't suite you?

Quote:
EDIT: Damn, even that may not work, since if I'm reading the configure script correctly, ocaml is "smart" and detects the architecture it's building on, and to heck with you if you want to build it differently.

It autodetects, but you can pass -cc and -as options to choose different arch, see INSTALL for examples.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    MLDonkey Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: