Revision as of 13:37, 15 April 2009 by Balamutick
The english OfficialFaq was translated to a Wiki page for additions and annotations.
Other FAQs (mailing-list, Forums, IRC,...)
- How to start MLdonkey? (in background, logging etc)
- Exception Sys_error("Input/output error")
- I can't commit files, I can't kill the core...
- How to run MLdonkey under Windows ?
- How to run MLdonkey under Mac OS X ?
- How to start downloads from links in my web browser ?
- (Firewall) Which ports are used by MLDonkey ?
- (Router) I'm behind a router, what shall I do ?
- ApacheRedirection (better than Official FAQ)
- I (re)moved files but disk space isn't freed
- MLdonkey crashed, and my downloads disappeared, help !
- How to import partial downloads from other clients to MLdonkey ?
- How to export MLdonkey partial downloads to other clients ?
- How to relocate the temp directory to another partition
- Can scripts be run when files are completed ?
- How to share files ?
- can i set different user & password combination to access only certain features?
- How do i minimize memory usage?
- How can I monitor MLdonkey activity?
- Why does it take X days to download file with size xxx MB?
- MLDonkey creates a bunch of ini files in my home-directory but I don't want that!
- How to kick an uploader ? or stop uploading for a few minutes
- Dynamic IP: How to notify client that IP has changed
- How can I get readline capabilities when using the telnet connection?
Running the GTK GUI
- Nothing works, bottom left corner says \"not connected\"
- Can I display the ETA in the GUI ?
- What is \"Prevent Re-download of Cancelled Files\" in GTK GUI-Settings?
- What is \"Dynamic Slot Allocation\" in GTK GUI-Settings?
- I did a search, but clicking on a result doesn't start a download
- Is there any possibility to store column width (at exit or via setup)?
- What is the \"Files auto-expand\"-feature in Settings->GUI->Misc?
Running the web UI
- How to enable the "green interface" ?
- How can i access the web interface from other location ?
- Can I modify the web interface without recompiling mlnet ?
The eDonkey plugin
- ERROR: Your port 4662 is not reachable. You have a LOWID
- How can I connect to more than 5 servers at a time ?
- MLdonkey connects to more servers than requested
- How to stay connected to specific server(s) ?
- I can't connect to any eDonkey server
- Search feature doesn't work
- I have several eDonkey clients on my LAN, but they can't exchange data
- How do I disable Overnet?
- Overnet doesn't work
- How can I check if a download went correctly ?
- Error not_found in udp handler
Non eDonkey/Overnet plugins
- How to enable other p2p networks support ?
- I compiled non eDonkey/Overnet plugins, but I can't enable them
- How to search only on one/some of the MLdonkey supported networks?
- all servers show 0 user and 0 files??
- other networks rarely connected
The Bit Torrent plugin
- How to download a .torrent file? (available En and Rus langs)
- How to "seed" a .torrent file? (available En and Rus langs)
- How / where to search for a .torrent ?
- How to recover a BitTorrent download